Recent events in Rochester are not an accurate reflection of our amazing city, and it might be time for a dose of civic pride. Head downtown and check out the progress on the Roc City Skatepark. It is going to be one of the best, and below are just a few reasons why.
- Once completed, the park will be a 28,000 square foot destination experience.
- It will be a free public park for all people, not just some, including park barnacles (i.e. spectators) and athletes at all levels: Groms, Shredders, Flow Riders, Pros, and Legends.
- The Roc City Skatepark will be for all progression-oriented sports: skateboard, BMX, kick scooter, in-line and roller skates.
- The design incorporates street- and park-style elements, including a competition bowl with a 9 1/2 foot drop.
- The location under the Frederick Douglass - Susan B. Anthony Memorial Bridge is not pushed aside or hidden, like in many cities. The Roc City Skatepark is right in the heart of downtown on the waterfront of the Genesee River.
- More than 8,000 square feet of the park will be under the bridge and protected from the elements.
- The entire park will be brightly lit.
- The nonprofit organization Friends of the Roc City Skatepark will be activating the skatepark by hosting special events, competitions, and camps. ... See MoreSee Less
Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom ...